Thursday, October 5, 2023

Blog # 10 The Age of AI


The introduction of AI started off as a small cool new technology. I remember hearing about it for the first time and thinking how cool it was. Thinking about AI now I don't think that it's cool anymore. It's starting to make me scared. 

AI has started to take over the world. It can do anything you ask it to. If you want it to write you an essay about US history it can do it. 

If you need it to solve a math problem for you it can do that too. It can even create a new piece of art if you needed to create something original for an assignment or just for yourself. 

The big thing is AI taking jobs away from people. Already we see that factories don't need as many workers and are firing people left and right. 

There are even people working in healthcare who are getting replaced by artificial intelligence machines because they are cheaper to use. It's starting to expand into so many different job fields that AI is becoming a threat to the population. 

AI has been introduced into cars and trucks now as well. Self driving trucks are taking the jobs of truck drivers (scary) and Uber drivers. 

I think AI can be a positive thing and can really help out the human race but I don't want it to take over the world. I don't trust AI with certain things like driving a truck or an Uber with people in the back. 

I also feel like if AI can not compare to the human connection.

Humans are naturally social creatures and we need to interact and talk with one another. I cant imagine getting into a car and seeing no one in the drivers seat. It's scary but also boring. Having no one to talk to would make me feel so lonely. 

I don't want the world to turn into a lonely place. We need that human connection to stay alive and I don't want people to revert into quiet lonely people. 

AI is good for a lot of different things. It can help with travel questions, make security more advanced, and help with a multitude of customer service problems and questions. 

I love that AI is helping make things easier for us as a society but I hope it doesn't cross a line over into taking over our lives. I don't want to be surrounded by AI but rather have to find it when I need it. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #12 Final Post: Relationship with Technology

I constantly think about how technology is going to take over the world one day. Everyday I feel like there is a new piece of technology tha...